Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I've Embraced My Inner Snotty Scotty

I've always had a hard time deciding on a screen name. This goes all the way back to the early days of AOL (when I say early days of AOL I mean before AOL had a portal to the web). The screen name was also your email. This was a big decision because people usually had only one email account and the trend seemed to focus on the anonymity of the internet unlike today when having yourname@your.com is common for an email address. Lacking a lot of creativity back than my screen name usually was a variation of my name; gscotto - how boring is that? The sad thing is that I've needed to add screen names as I've started my journey and you guessed it, I've resorted to the old gscotto on more than one occasion.

I had thought about using Snotty Scotty as my main screen name but I was afraid that people might be offended by this or think that it is just plain dumb (and gscotto is plain dumb?). After sharing my journey on my blog I've found that I have embraced my inner Snotty Scotty. Snotty Scotty can be blunt and say how he feels about some peoples voices here in my journey or in my squidoo lens. Could gscotto be blunt like this? No, gscotto would be afraid he'd offend someone or get in trouble.

So you have been warned, I've fully embraced my inner Snotty Scotty and its hard to say where this will lead to as I continue my journey.

-Scott
Snotty Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment